Ring Main Unit Upgrades
For this project, the scope of work was to upgrade 4 existing ring main units (RMUs), from design through to completion. As the existing RMUs had been purchased and installed in the early 1980s, they had reached the end of their service life. The original equipment manufacturer had released a notification that the equipment was […]
We were engaged to project manage and execute the design and installation of a number of electrical upgrades, part of the works involved the upgrade and installation of a number of underground substations. The substations were an essential piece of infrastructure for the continual development of the mine to maintain power at the production face […]
Gas Production Plant Electrical Upgrades
We were engaged by another contractor who we collaborate with regularly to assist in upgrading an 11kV and 3.3kV switchboard at a gas production plant. We performed a number of tasks on this job. We handled the project management, schedule development and tracking, engaged with the customer and managed the execution. We also performed high […]
High Voltage Switchboard Upgrade
Tasks completed in the works:
- High voltage protection setting development and network coordination.
- Design of a remote operator control panel for the operation of the switchgear. This removed the operator from the danger zone in the event of any equipment or switchgear failure.
- Shutdown execution schedule development and tracking.
- Commissioning; Protection relay testing, switchboard testing.
- Installation worked alongside the customer’s team to complete cable joints, terminations and testing