High Voltage Switchboard Upgrade
We were contracted to replace a switchboard at a gold mine processing plant. The existing switchboard was installed in 1982 and had reached the end of its serviceable life. We were engaged to provide the detailed design and assist with the installation of a new 3.3 kV switchboard.
Tasks completed in the works:
- High voltage protection setting development and network coordination.
- Design of a remote operator control panel for the operation of the switchgear. This removed the operator from the danger zone in the event of any equipment or switchgear failure.
- Shutdown execution schedule development and tracking.
- Commissioning; Protection relay testing, switchboard testing.
- Installation worked alongside the customer’s team to complete cable joints, terminations and testing